Sunday 5 January 2014

My how time flies...

It's been a while since I last posted, life just got in the way....well not in the way life just needed to be lived. And now it's 2014.Wow! I have made lots of resolutions and so far have been keeping them, but hey it's early. One thing for sure in 2014 I am going do a lot more stepping out of my comfort zone. I have recognized that I love bead embroidery (it's my passion) but that is not to say that every once in a while I feel the need to follow a pattern or do a standard stitch technique.  I am so excited for upcoming bead challenges, and can't wait to dig in. 
Mr. Seagull .... say what!


Christmas was wonderful, spent with my favorite people in the world...my husband, my daughters and my son in law. On Boxing Day we left for Vancouver to spend New Years eve with my brother and my husbands sister and brother in law. What a wonderful relief from the snow. I took lots of photos, ate way too much and did some serious, I mean serious shopping!
A stroll through Central Park (note there is no snow)
 Today happens to be my birthday but my brother and sister in law surprised me early with the most deletable birthday cake ever..a St. Honore cake...the most delicious cake ever. I was truly spoiled....did I mention my husband brought me a cashmere and fur cape!!!!!
Happy Birthday to Me, yum yum
 I have been doing lots of beading and can't wait to reveal on January 15 - A Time to Stitch, but until then I made this as a gift for my sister (pattern from Bead and Button) - I made it in her favorite colors and hope it makes her day.

For Lindy
Come back to see my A Time To Stitch Reveal on January 15

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you (cake... yum!) Lucky Lindy (that necklace is amazing, Deb!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that necklace, Debbie! And, happy birthday. Mine was on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful necklace! I love the colors. Can't wait to see your ATTS piece. And happy birthday (belated!)

    ReplyDelete