Sunday 27 January 2013

...still on the mend...

I am still suffering from something nasty, but feeling a whole lot better and starting to get back my energy and my mojo back. Our winter weather is very weird this year going from -25C to +1C in one day, how do you plan for that....the tempation of spring just around the corner and then back to chilly reality.

I have been busy both taking photos and beading. Right now I am in love with dichroic glass focals. I had seen a lovely piece of jewelery with a dichroic focal and after a little searching found Cindy Stalnaker. I am so entralled with her work and I can't quit ordering pieces...absolutely gorgeous.

"Blue Nile" is made with one of her pieces, fired polished cyrstals, japenese drops and seed beads. I just love how vibrant this necklace is.


Blue Nile close up of focal
Blue Nile
 A drive in the country on a snowy day and little post manipulation....
Break time

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! The necklace is gorgeous. I love dichroic, too! The colors are so dynamic and just make everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I'm glad you're feeling better!

    I love dichroic glass. I actually want to learn glass fusing someday soon so I can make my own focals. I love what you did with the one you bought from Cindy -- the blue is so vibrant, and it really sets off that gorgeous glass piece!

    ReplyDelete