Sunday 25 November 2012

Victoria...

I went to visit my beautiful sister and her husband last weekend, well actually an extended four day weekend. We had so much fun and it was so nice to get away from the cold. The weather in Victoria was exceptional - sweater weather. We just had such a good time, shopping (yes for beads), touring the sites and going out for totally awesome meals (oh yum) and just having a good sister fix - it was great. Although I didn't do any beading (just lots of planning) I had some incredible photo opportunities. I went to my favorite store in Victoria, Aurea Gems and Essential Luxuries, I picked up some to die for crystals and a gorgeous turquoise cab - talk about spoiling myself. I can't wait to start creating. I messed up on our flight home (like I was 12 hours late!) but that provided extra time for my husband and I to do some up island sight seeing.  We had to rent a car to drive back to Alberta ($$$$) and we had to fight mother nature all the way - she was throwing everything at us, but we finally after driving for 15 hours made it home. I have updated my photos page with pictures from Victoria and some from on the way home.

I did finish this piece before we left and wore it while in Victoria and received lots of compliments. I have to say that this is a Jean A. Wells inspiration,  Jean's jewelery is gorgeous. Jean had made a necklace and used a rattle bead made by Sharon Driscoll. I fell in love and had to have one and this is what I made.




3 comments:

  1. I am behind on my blogging but am getting caught up this morning. I love what you did with Sharon's rattle bead....I am so thrilled that I was your inspiration.....and thank you for the recognition. All of the colors in your piece are wonderful. I bet you can't wear it without feeling like dancing a bit. It's beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colors and placement of your beads! So cheerful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your necklace! I can see why it got compliments -- it would completely steal the spotlight with a black dress or sweater. :)

    I'm glad you had fun and got to do some bead shopping! I'll be excited to see what you do with your new sparklies.

    ReplyDelete